Wednesday 26 March 2014

Heaven on Earth - Anderson Beach

I was a bit reluctant to share this camping spot because it is so amazing but I decided it had to be done...
Anderson Beach is out in the Squamish Valley off of "Magee Road".
The first time I went here was for my 21st birthday and thankfully I was with someone who'd been there before because according to google maps "Magee Road" was some residential street in the middle of Squamish.
I remember driving by all these houses telling my friends it was "around there somewhere".
Luckily a guy we were with navigated us out of the town of Squamish and down a beautiful winding country road which eventually lead us to the REAL "Magee Road". After we parked and unpacked all of our stuff we walked down the 10 minute trail and ended up on a stunning beach right along the Squamish river.
There were a few other groups camping but since this isn't a private/pay campground we ventured out along the beach until we found the ideal spot to set up camp.
Beers were cracked and hallucinogens may or may not have been taken once we'd found our spot.
To say the least, it was a very magical and memorable experience. 
I have been back to Anderson Beach a couple of times since my first experience and it never disappoints. 


Anderson Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment